Blessed with a curve-flattering pear shaped body? We’ve put together the ultimate guide on how to dress your pear shaped body through summer.
Need some tips and tricks on the best styles to look out for? Keep scrolling for all you info you need.
What Is A Pear Shaped Body?
- Narrow shoulders
- Smaller bust
- Wide hips and bottom half
Are your hips and thighs wider than your shoulders? If yes, then you most likely fall into the pear shape figure.
How Do I Dress A Pear Shape?
- Balance out proportions – A general tip for pear shapes is to balance out your narrow top half with the wider bottom half. There are so many easy ways to do this and add volume to your shoulders and chest.
- Draw the eye upwards – Create volume to your top half to draw attention away from your wider bottom half. Choose styles that highlight your shoulders and chest as this is where you want the focus to go.
- Take colours into consideration – It’s not revolutionary that black is slimming, but this doesn’t mean you can’t opt for lighter tones just consider focus is drawn to light and bright colours.
- Know what shapes flatter your figure in the best ways – Unsure what styles flatter your pear shape body? Keep reading to find out! This will help guide your next purchase.
Summer Clothes For A Pear Shaped Body
Warmer months are well on their way which means we’re getting ready to swap out our knits and long sleeves for lighter and brighter summer clothes. Unsure how to dress a pear shaped body for summer? We’ve put together the ultimate guide to the best dresses, tops, jeans and trousers to wear this summer.
Flattering Dresses For A Pear Shaped Body
- Sleeve detail balances out proportions – Adding volume to your top half balances out proportions with a wider bottom half. Puff sleeves, flared and balloon sleeves are key to look out for in dresses as they’ll effortlessly draw attention up and widen narrow shoulders.
- Skater dresses, smock dresses and bardot dresses are your go-to – The fit and flare design of skater dresses highlights your waist with the skirt effortlessly sitting over your curves – add sleeve detail and you’ve got a more defined hourglass shape! Smock dresses nip you in under the bust with a loose floaty hem that glides over your curves whilst bardot dresses broaden narrower shoulders with the wide neckline.
Summer Dresses For A Pear Shaped Body
This summer dress ticks all the boxes. Designed in a milkmaid style with a sweetheart neckline and short puff sleeves, adding the volume you’re after. The underbust seam detail highlights your waist with the loose skirt and smock hem floating over your curves.
Evening Dresses For A Pear Shaped Body
Romantic date night planned or getting glam with the girls? You can always rely on an LBD all year round. Combining all three must-have styles into one, what’s not to love? The bardot sweetheart neckline draws attention to your top half with your shoulders and decolletage on show, whilst the puff sleeves add extra volume. The skater skirt rounds off the design sitting at a comfortable knee length, highlighting your lower legs.
Tops For A Pear Shaped Body
- Draw eyes up – Similar to dresses, opt for tops that add volume to your top half or highlight your chest area. Key styles to look out for are bardot tops, peplum tops, milkmaid tops and plunge tops.
- The longer the length the better – Longline tops and tunics sit much lower in length on the body at the hips. Make sure the hem is simple without any ruffle details or frills that will add more volume to your hips. You just want the top to effortlessly sit over your curves.
Peplum Tops For A Pear Shaped Body
Following a similar style to the summer dress above, this milkmaid top is a great option if you’re looking for your next ‘jeans and a nice top’ combo. Creating the perfect blend for weekend plans, just throw on your go-to pair of jeans and heels for a look you’ll love time and time again. The simple hem and longer length keeps all eyes on your top half.
Summer Tops For A Pear Shaped Body
We’ve got a range of summer tops you can wear with a modest amount of coverage in the latest styles that still keep you cool and comfortable. Bardot tops are a summer essential for pear shapes. The wide neckline and off the shoulder style instantly broadens narrow shoulders and highlights your chest. The simple design of this top keeps all attention to the top half.
Trousers For A Pear Shaped Body
- Bootcut & wide leg are key shapes – The flared and wide leg style balances out the proportion of wider set hips giving a slimming appearance to your lower half.
- High waists cinch you in – With a wider bottom half, high waists not only cinch you in but highlight one of the smallest parts of your body. They’re also a lot more comfortable than low and mid-rise by not sitting on the widest part, especially if there’s no stretch.
Summer Trousers For Pear Shapes
Cropped trousers are the ultimate summer trouser and there are so many flattering styles that suit pear shapes. Culottes are defined by a wide leg fit throughout for a loose, floaty appeal. Not only does this balance out wider hips but the lightweight fabric also makes them comfortable to wear on hot sunny days. As we’ve already mentioned, the black base gives a slimming effect with a subtle ditsy floral print adding enough detail without highlighting your lower half too much.
Shop Plus Size Culottes
Wide Leg Trousers For Pear Shaped
Not only are wide leg trousers super flattering for pear shapes, they’re the ultimate night out trousers too. Made from a soft slinky jersey fabric, these trousers offer a comfortable fit whilst earning extra style points in a rich purple tone. Perfect for summer months and bringing a pop of colour into your going out outfits. Although it’s a brighter colour, it’s not too bright and can be balanced out with your choice of top. Opt for a style that highlights your chest and shoulders to bring proportions back into balance.
Best Jeans For A Pear Shaped Body
- Opt for stretch denim – You want to avoid rigid denim where you can with wider hips and thighs as they leave little to no stretch to that area which isn’t offering the most comfortable fit. Opt for denim that has reasonable stretch throughout so you can easily get them on and be comfortable all day too.
- Bootcut & wide leg fits – Similar to trousers, the wide leg and bootcut style adds volume to your calf down, helping balance out wider hips and thighs. The wide leg does mean you can get away with certain rigid denim as a wider shape throughout!
Ripped Jeans For Pear Shapes
These ripped wide leg jeans are a great choice for pear shapes. Bear in mind they’re made from 100% cotton so don’t have much stretch but the wide leg fit offers extra room and comfort. They’re super easy to style with peplum tops, bardot tops and more whether you’re keeping it casual or heading out-out.
Cropped Jeans For Pear Shaped
Bring the wide leg style into your summer line-up with these cropped wide leg jeans. An added bonus, they have stretch! Perfect for warmer days ensuring you’re comfortable throughout the summer months. This signature blue wash goes an array of tops and shoes too.
Best Shorts For A Pear Shaped Body
- Knee length shorts are the most flattering – As pear shapes are defined with wider hips and thighs, knee length shorts sit at a super flattering length. Opt for floaty styles so they fit comfortably on your thighs.
Flattering Shorts For Pear Shaped
You’ll be reaching for these belted shorts all summer long. Designed in a lightweight woven fabric, the comfortable knee length and loose fit is the ideal fit for pear shapes with wider hips and thighs. Following a similar style to the culottes with the black base and subtle ditsy print, they also offer an elasticated paperbag waist and belted fastening.
Shop Plus Size Shorts
Best Denim Shorts For Pear Shaped
Mom denim shorts are your go-to on sunny days. Defined with a looser fit around the thighs, you can ensure a comfortable fit whatever you’re up to. Ready to serve as the base to all your summer outfits for endless looks you can rely on.
If you’re an apple shaped lady or know someone who is, why not check out our post on the best dresses for apple shaped women.
We’d love to see how you’re styling your outfits! Show us over on our social by [email protected] hashtag #ThisIsYours on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter – you might even get featured!